HOW TO WRITE AN A THESIS STATEMENT
- WHAT IS A THESIS STATEMENT?
- It's the single, specific claim that your essay supports.
- It includes a topic, a precise opinion, and reasoning.
- PARTS OF A THESIS STATEMENT: three main parts:
- The subject: the topic of your essay.
- The precise opinion: the opinion of your essay.
- The blueprint of reasons: where you show your reader how you plan to argue and prove your opinion.
- WHEN YOU ARE COMPOSING THESIS STATEMENTS, YOU NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR TOPIC: what your paper will deal with.
- YOUR CLAIM: what you think about the topic.
- REASONS THAT SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM: 3 points
- Points at the beginning of the thesis statement.
- Points at the end of the thesis statement.
- Points listed in the sentence after the thesis statement.
Nawal-Nadel- French: How to write an A thesis statement.
Chris Heafner. Thesis statements-How to construct and compose (a review)